Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fish in a Barrel







I am working on finding a few new rain barrels of some sort, but now that it is spring, I am anxious to get them found and set up. My goldfish are anxious also, I can tell by how they are much more active they seem to be. I guess it probably has to due with the length of daylight or more sunshine or something.



I have had the same 2 goldfish for about 3 years, so I must be doing something right. I bring them inside for the winter, although I have left them outside until the water has frozen over (but not totally frozen.) But as soon as it starts to warm up, they go back into the rain barrel. There they spend their days eating any bugs or mosquito larvae that happens to fall into the barrel. They never get fed fish flakes in the summer.



I wonder how long goldfish live anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and don't shrink my jeans!