Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 143: Tortilla Shells

Still trying to use up the soft tortilla shells that I bought for a penny a piece about 6 months ago. They have been taking up alot of space in the freezer, but I think we are down to about 20 packages. Seriously, I don't have time to count them, but I think that's what's left. We have used them in:



soft taco shells/burritos



egg and sausage wraps



cheese quesadillas



taco pizzas



Rachael Ray's banana and peanut butter sushi bites (peanut butter spread on the torilla and wrapped around a banana and then sliced, BIG hit with the little one)



chips (seasoned with garlic and sea salt, cut into triangles, and toasted)



If we still have any left once the garden starts producing and I need the space in the freezer, I might start using them as edible frisbees for the dog. Thinking outside the box, that would be a cheap dog treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and don't shrink my jeans!