Oh, how I love leaves! Ever think how many uses a leaf has?
- Science project: see how many different kinds your kids can collect and identify
- Art project: put a leaf under a sheet of paper and make an imprint with a crayon
- P.E. exercise: rake into a pile, move onto a tarp, and then. . . JUMP!
- After extensive jumping, the leaves will be crunched, shredded, and ready for the compost pile or garden.(which is why you put the leaves on a tarp in the first place, it's SOOOOOO much easier to move to the garden!)
- If you can get bagged leaves, save a bag or two to add to the chicken coop in the middle of the winter. Chickens love to rummage thru a pile of leaves, it sure does keep them occupied in the cold weather!