Monday, October 24, 2011

Recycled Blue Jeans

I don't know why I am fascinated with bluejeans. Is it because I went to parochial schools all my life, you know, wearing uniforms and skirts and dresses? Who knows, all I know is I consider denim a most important invention.





I love to find old jeans, usually at garage sales and such, and turn them into quilts.





Anywho, I have plans for sewing a new "pattern" this winter. It is a rag rug, although the directions I found are for a small rug, something like 24" by 36". I plan on making a much larger rug, maybe 48" by 60". It's hard to tell you exact directions because I really don't follow directions, I make them up as I go. Here is a video of what the original looks like.









Looks easy, now I have to find the time. That's the hard part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and don't shrink my jeans!