Friday, April 22, 2011

Coloring Eggs, Natural Style




Got inspired to make some naturally colored eggs this year. I didn't think I could color brown eggs, but I guess the trick is to let them soak in the color overnight.


Here is the red/purple cabbage trials:

1 small cabbage with enough water to cover, simmered for about 15 minutes.








purple dye already!




I layered the boiled eggs and the cooled cabbage in a large jar.








Jake the Dog drinking Diet Pepsi while we wait.

A very dark blue egg.




Unique prints from the cabbage that layed touching the egg. I guess if you want a solid egg, then don't add the cabbage pieces, just the juice. We think the imprinting is pretty cool. I'll try to get a better pic later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and don't shrink my jeans!