Saturday, April 23, 2011

Seedlings Update



Parsley and zucchini




One lone lima bean plant from started at kindergarten. (Can you grow only one and get beans from it or do you need two plants?)





Still waiting for spring. The started seeds are growing nicely, without any growlights, because I don't have any. This year, I started seeds in some leftover peat pots, put them in egg cartons, closed them up, and put them on rice heating pads (warmed occasionally in the microwave.) After the seeds sprouted, I opened the carton lids and just set the seeds in the south window.



(No, I didn't buy a coffee from Dunkin Donuts, I had a free coupon)




We transplanted the little peat pots into yougurt cups and other plastic cups we had saved and just left them in the window. They seem to be doing well, not leggy like some years, I guess because I don't have grow lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and don't shrink my jeans!