Sunday, April 03, 2011

Seed Starting



Well, as you can see, I just couldn't wait any longer for spring to come and stay with us, so I started the seeds indoors anyways. Used mostly seeds saved from last year's crops, or seeds leftover from last year that I bought. Acorn squash, some kind of small pumpkin, zucchini, a heritage tomato, bell peppers, parsley, broccoli, and cauliflower. Most of them are already sprouting, but the cauliflower is not. That's ok, I really don't love cauliflower anyways.


Got a good start on the new herb garden area also. I don't know why I call it an herb garden, it's not all herbs. If it all decides to sprout and grow, there will be dill, onions, carrots, lettuce and radishes. There is already onions. chives, and some sort of mint ( I think spearmint) from last year there. I am going tomorrow to see if I can find some oregano and rosemary plants to add later. I might plant the parsley in there also, but I really like to plant it in a pot that I can bring indoors in the fall.


I like to try new seeds/plants every year, but I think I will stick to the tried and true due to money/planting area constraints. When my new barn gets built, my garden will temporarily shrink some, so I have to plan more carefully this year. (Well, I did save a little space for 2 or 3 brussel sprout plants. They sound so intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and don't shrink my jeans!