Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Epiphany



Every once in a while a person has an epiphany. I had one a couple of years ago when I realized that because I don't have enough garden space for all the tomatoes my family needs for the entire year, that is not a failure. If we use 100 tomatoes a year and only grow 50, that means we have to buy only 50, not 100.



That was a huge step for me, getting my head past the fact that I can't do something 100%, only 50%. (which is a failing grade on the school grading scale.) I had to look at it differently, seeing that I can cut out 50% of the tomatoes I have to buy at the store.




Now I came to another epiphany, courtesy of Leigh from 5 Acres & A Dream, here at




In a nutshell, Leigh says,
"For the homesteader, the questions about raising one's own food should be personal and ethical, not financial and economical. "




Wow.



Just read the article and you'll see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and don't shrink my jeans!