Friday, September 09, 2011

Quick Thoughts

Was browning some sausage crumbles in my cast iron skillet and found my mind wandering. I wonder how much energy I save every time I use them?






  • Cast iron skillets browns meat on level 3, other skillets I have to turn it up to 5 or 6.




  • Cast iron skillets can be turned off before the food is totally done, the pan stays heated in for a long time.




  • Cast iron skillets can be wiped clean and doesn't have to be washed with water every time you use it.


As obsessed as I am with saving cents, I don't have time to figure this all out. I must be saving something. Ok, back to supper. Homemade pizza and breadsticks tonight!





2 comments:

  1. I wanted to drop by to return the blog visit and thank you for your suggestions about integrating my chickens. Thank you! Great ideas.

    I went to your "Down This Road" blog first, and loved your chicken photos. I couldn't find a link to leave a comment (comments closed?) so here I am. I find that my Welsummers are the most standoffish of my breeds as well. Actually I was amazed it was one of them that decided to become a mama.

    So true about cast iron! It what I usually reach for when I cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all works out well and your chickens acclimate quickly. Doesn't cast iron cooking taste soooooo much better?

    ReplyDelete

Please be kind and don't shrink my jeans!